I am truly looking forward to participating in my first online bible study. Particularly with other women who are committed to fellowship and support in this journey of faith we have embarked on.
This is my first attempt at blogging. I decided to try it since I have found such solace in reflective journal writing, particularly in times of trial. I hope that blogging will be a natural outlet for me and perhaps serve to provide some inspiration, motivation, consolation or encouragement to others as we move forward.
I have struggled most of my life with identifying a true sense of self and purpose. Given some recent life-altering setbacks, I have begun to re-assess my relationship with God and have returned to the comfort of daily prayer and meditation. When I was looking for bible passages to help me with my prayer and meditation, I found Proverbs31 Ministries.
I know that there is much to be gained by listening to and sharing with others. So, after reading the objectives, I signed up for the A Confident Heart study for many reasons, which include seeking:
- Insight from others who have “been there, done that”
- Encouragement and strength in the face of adversity — strategies for coping with life-altering setbacks
- Growth in my relationship with Christ
Through participation in this study, I hope to gain insight on all of the areas that were so eloquently summarized in the description of learning objectives:
- Exchanging fear for faith
- Falling forward when life set you back
- Embracing my God-given purpose, passion, and personality
- Seeing beyond who I am to who I am becoming in Christ
I can’t wait to get started, and look forward to our time together.